Monday 12 January 2015

Hudson Tracky Dacks


A post with not that many pictures.  I made some Hudson pants.  I don't know if you can tell from the pictures but I am very pleased with this make.  I needed something to wear with them to take pictures and grabbed this Tiny Pocket Tank from the drawer.  You can all live with the wrinkles.  I put lip gloss on,  That is effort.


I made these with some random honeycomb knit from Darn Cheap Fabrics. They are calling it "password" and offering it in about 10 colours.  I used some scuba knit stuff they are calling ponte. The password is $7.95 a metre and the ponte is $19.  I lengthened the pattern at the ankle by 4" just so the ankle wouldn't be that pegged.  I drafted a pattern piece for the hem which was 14 6/8" by 2". I think this makes them look more "I am out to the shops" instead of "I am staying home today".  I omitted the tie just because I didn't want to do button holes in a knit. 


I wore these out to Doncaster! A shopping centre here in Melbourne with designer shops and a fancy attitude.  If any non-Australian readers do not know what tracky dacks are look it up on google or look at this adorable kid wearing trackies for charity.


Yeah these are really cool trackies.......

No comments:

Post a Comment