Sunday 6 September 2015

Very Hungry Caterpillar pants

Oh hey, long time no see.  I made some more Hudson pants and a Kimono top (a good friend named my pants, she was pretty horrified).

been having some photographer problems,
For the hudsons I used some crazy multicoloured painted stripy neoprene from Spotlight for the main fabric and some bright blue neoprene from Darn Cheap Fabrics for the contrast fabric. Spotlight have been getting a lot of really lovely neoprene prints that I have been tempted by but at $24.99 I have to avoid.  These are the fourth Hudsons I have made, and unless I cave and buy some more crazy neoprene that's all I am going to make this year.

The reality of renting in Melbourne suburbia, important stuff in pots.  Weeds everywhere.  Broken fence.
I used some mystery black poly for the Kimono top.  It was leftover from some Christmas gift sewing, several years back I made a top for the mother of my then BF.  I actually made this one just to take pictures with these pants !blogger trap I fell in you! but I have no regrets.  I have made so many of these tops that I have lost count but this one has quickly become a favourite. I lowered and narrowed the neckline by an inch because I am not a huge fan of exposed bra straps all of the time, a big fault of the unaltered pattern in my size.  Used bias binding instead of the facings and cuffs, the centre back seam was a fabric saving endeavor.  I feel casual and put together in this top.  I may have worn if several days in a row the week I finished it.  More neutrals in my sewing to do list I think.

I am finishing this post with some pictures of me trying to explain to the photographer/BF how to take pictures

You are welcome to stand closer.  I will not bite.

I need you to frame where my ...

... hands are

Why do I have to standing facing the sun photographer man. Curse my blue eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment